18 December 2008

Chicago Lakefront vs Boquete, Panama



Today I am sooo glad to back in Boquete! Just returned from the Midwest, stayed out/around the Chicagoland area as we say there. It was freezing cold! Burrr 10 Degrees or about -12.2 Celsius to say the least. We lived there over forty years, don't how we did it, had jobs that's why. Duh!! Even though I had a wonderful time, I love and miss my daughter, granddaughter, son-in-law, other family members and friends - it is still feels great to be back! Wish they were here.

It is my second day back and it is beautiful here. It is a gorgeously sunny day the sky is blue somewhat windy but I'll take warm breezy to biting, bitter cold weather any day.

I love this town because of it's quiet nature, the beautiful mounds of rolling green hills, flowers and the people who live here - very down to earth. Whether the masses are extranjeros/expats or locals it's a friendly town.




I do have an adjustment to make about jobs that do not get done on time. Listening to "Oh, the job will be done today at such and such time", than "sorry the job will ready tomorrow at such and such time", and then "yes the job will be ready today" but not at the time you were told. Oh well - I just have to learn to grin and bare it cause that's all I can do! Mind you this will take some getting use to and patience on my part, which am finding hard to do. Remembering to take three deep breaths, and say "this too will pass", will be my New Year's Resolution. Now if I can only remember to do it!

All things aside it is a beautiful place to live. Here are some pics to show why we chose Boquete.

No comments: